Click here for news posts tagged “PEGGASUS”
Pilot Eye Gaze and Gesture tracking for Avionics Systems using Unobtrusive Solutions
PEGGASUS will create the first cockpit based crew monitoring system for enhanced flight safety, improved workload management and better crew awareness. To realize this goal we have brought together leading innovation technology companies, world class research institutes and key avionics experts.
The project will go beyond state-of-the-art artificial intelligence algorithms, that will be tailored with data collected from a dedicated vision system. Initial focus will be on flight safety and pilot comfort through eye-gaze analysis and hand gestures.
PEGGASUS, creating the first step forward to seamless cockpit interactions.
Chair of Geoinformation Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Martin Raubal (Doctoral student Supervisor, ETH Project Lead)
- Dr. Peter Kiefer (Substitute ETH Project Lead)
- David Rudi (Substitute ETH Project Lead)
- Luis Lutnyk (Doctoral student)
- This project has received funding from the Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No. 821461
- Start Date: 01.01.2019
- End Date: 31.08.2021
You can find a summary of the project outcomes at the EU Cordis Portal:
- Research: Aviation
- PEGGASSUS in the news
- EU Cordis Portal